DirectX and Wine

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Thu Apr 26 14:43:08 CDT 2001

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, R Kadijk wrote:

> I'm having problems compiling and linking a simple DirectX program with Wine.
> The problem is: a global variable c_dfDIMouse should be declared in dinput.h
> and defined in library dinput.
> c_dfDIMouse really is declared in dinput.h, but it seems that c_dfDIMouse is
> not declared in library dinput.
> During linking I get the error: undefined reference to `c_dfDIMouse'.
> Anyone got a clue?

This variable cannot (and in Windows isn't either) be exported from the
shared library (aka DLL), so it's not defined there. Rather, it's supposed
to be in a static library (in Windows it's something like dinput.lib, I
think). I suppose it could be put into Wine's libuuid.a or something,
whenever anyone feels like adding it there (i.e. when they need it, which
I don't right now, since I don't compile DirectX apps with Winelib yet).