DirectX and Wine

François Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Thu Apr 26 17:25:39 CDT 2001

Ove Kaaven wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, François Gouget wrote:
[...]
> I thought I already said it...

   My message crossed yours. I should have check my dinput dumpbin file.
   well, at least now Rein knows how to deal with variables exported
from dlls :-)

> it isn't exported from dinput, it comes
> from the static library that goes with it (which is more than just a mere
> import library, it also contains pre-initialized convenience variables
> such as these).

 I wonder why they do such ugly things.

> >  * then this variable should be declared in 'dlls/dinput/dinput.spec' so
> > that Windows applications can use it.
>
> No Windows applications use it, since the variable's contents is linked in
> statically... which incidentally also makes the Winelib implementation
> much easier to do than you propose.

   Yes but I wouldn't put it in 'libuuid.a' as this is not where it
belongs. Instead I would rather create a 'libdinput.a' file.

--
François Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com