Urgend: wrong time for WINE-Applications

g.patel at wanadoo.fr g.patel at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 27 07:24:23 CDT 2001

On 27 Apr 2001 11:34:03 GMT, tschweikle at fkn.de wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Anyone noticed wine giving a wrong time to running applications?
>
>I found:
>
>System clock showing 21:00 -> application running in wine shows 23:00
>
>I found this using wine-20001202 and codeweavers-wine 20010305 on SuSE
>Linux 7.1. Any idea why this difference shows up?
>
>Some configuration around:
>- TZ is set to "CET"
>- Hardware clock runs with local time
>
>How do I have to configure wine to handle a correct time to my windows
>applications?

I find this somewhat surprising; are you sure you checked everything
under your operating system ? If you have a windows partition,
can you try to run clock.exe (the windows time utility).

Possibly your application wants to display the universal time  (gmt)
as you post from Germany that would  be about right I guess.
- in this case you should configure it to display the local time.

Gerard