Red Alert 2: Mouse Problems

Benjamin Greiner benjamin.greiner at gmx.net
Fri Apr 27 17:11:51 CDT 2001

I've just tried to launch RA2 using wine, with great success: it ran
perfectly and fast at the first try. However, the mouse is screwing
around. If I run as root, everything works fine, but the mouse pointer is
invisible. I can move it around and control the game blindly, but that
isn't really fun.
If I run as a user, the mouse pointer is there, but RA2 doesn't recognize
the mouse events and I can't get past the startup menu. I've found some
postings regarding the latter on mailing list archives, however, those
were old and didn't offer any clue except that this may be related to DGA
permission problems (thus the root/user difference).

I'm using wine checked out of CVS on 4/24 and XF 4.0.2 with recent nvidia
drivers.

TIA,
<bg>