oleaut32.dll

John Baxter jbaxter at mmcable.com
Sat Apr 28 15:38:47 CDT 2001

I received a message about unable to self-register the oleaut32.dll
while attempting to install an application.
I added oleaut32 = builtin to the config file. I then reinstalled the
application, this time without the error.
I then received the message of a bunch of ocx's which could not be
self-registered.

When I attempt to run the application, I receive the following output in
the wine console:

Unhandled exception: unimplemented function oleaut32.VarParseNumFromStr
c in 32-bit code (0x40874056).
In 32-bit mode.
Symbol h_error is invalid
0x40874056 )OLEAUT32.DLL..text+0x56): jmp    0x4087050
(OLEAUT32.DLL.x50)

Does this mean I can not get this application to run? What if I use a
native oleaut32.dll?

Thanks,
John Baxter