CD-ROM Labels

Karl Garrison kdgarrison at home.com
Sun Apr 29 16:14:35 CDT 2001

I attempted to run Frogger under Wine, but it asked me to insert the
Frogger CD, even though it was already inserted and mounted (and the CD is
configured in wine.conf).

When this happened, Wine gave the following message:

err:cdrom:CDROM_GetLabel We don't have a way of determining the label of a
mixed mode CD - Linux doesn't allow raw access !!

Okay, so Wine could not get the label of the CD automatically, but in this
case, shouldn't Wine default to the CD-ROM label I specified in wine.conf?
And indeed, I put Label=FROGGER under the drive for my CD-ROM.

-Karl