DLL Error When Installing Programs

François Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Mon Apr 30 14:46:59 CDT 2001

cacook at freedom.net wrote:

> Running Codeweavers Preview 3 over Helix, X4, & kernel 2.4.2.
>
> Notepad & sol run fine, but when I try to install a program like
> Netscape (just testing) I get the following error:
>
> Invoking /opt/wine/bin/wine.bin cc32d475.exe ...
> fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
> err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for
> shlwapi.dll.0(StrRetToBufA) imported from shell32.dll, setting to
> 0xdeadbeef
> err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for
> shlwapi.dll.0(StrRetToBufW) imported from shell32.dll, setting to
> 0xdeadbeef
> Wine exited with a successful status

   In case you were mystified by the other answers :-)
   This is a classic problem and the solution is to not mix native
shlwapi.dll with builtin shell32.dll. To fix this try adding the
following line in your config file:
"shlwapi" = "builtin, native"

   Note, Google is quite nice for debuggin such things. Just search for
the message Wine gave you, here a search on 'shlwapi.dll.0(StrRetToBufW)
imported from shell32.dll' gives exactly two answers:

http://www.google.com/search?q=shlwapi.dll.0%28StrRetToBufA%29+imported+from+shell32.dll

--
François Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com