Wine and AMD

Dr Andy Mercer attila at compiforce.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 07:08:19 CDT 2001

In article <9k8751$rbe$1 at news.tpi.pl>, Jaroslaw Bogulak
<kalugob at kki.net.pl> writes
>Thank for the answer,
>I've read FAQ, but i didn't know, that AMD's are the Intel x86 class of
>CPUs - sorry :)
>
>Jarek Bogulak
>
>U¿ytkownik Andreas Mohr Usenet 07/01 <xsidycvl001 at sneakemail.com> w
>wiadomo¶ci do grup dyskusyjnych napisa³:9k773l$73d$1 at news.BelWue.DE...
>> Jaroslaw Bogulak <kalugob at kki.net.pl> wrote:
>> > Will wine work with AMD processor?
>> Of course !
>>
>> Please try http://www.winehq.com/FAQ next time.
>>
>> --
>> Andreas Mohr, Renningen, Germany
>> In case you need to contact me after expiry of temporary email address:
>> my real address is (initial of first name).(last name)@mailto.de

This is not such a daft question as it sounds. Some versions of WIN95 do
not install with some AMD processors at certain speed settings.
Eventually, Microshaft/AMD issued a patch for the problem, but we still
had to de-clock the AMD chip before we could install the O/S, and then
do the patch.

Regards

Andy Mercer