half-life reports non-16bit graphics when emulated. any suggestions?

ortel orteling at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:18:00 CDT 2001

hey all,
when i try to run hl.exe with the wine emulator.
I get an error saying that i'm not running in 16-bit color mode.
i have set up my Xfree4.1.0 to only run at 16-bit color. I still get the
error. is there a place where i can set this in the wine emulator.
i have looked for the wine.conf files. they are no where to be found.
i installed wine from a rpm off of winehq.com.
Can anyone suggestion anything for me to try?
thanks