Internet Explorer 5.5 with Wine?

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sat Aug 4 18:42:02 CDT 2001

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Cursim wrote:

> I'm extremely new to Wine, I don't even have a confog file yet. I can't find
> any decent documentation at wineHQ.com. Can anyone explain that whole thing
> to me?

The config file is described in <wine>/docmentation/samples/config, and
in man wine.conf.  Other interesting stuff is in <wine>/README and man
wine.

Doco in formats besides sgml is availabel at the Wine FTP sites (see
<wine>/ANNOUNCE), or feel free to use this nasty little sed program
to delouse the sgml:

#!/bin/sh
sed -e 's/<[^<>]*>//g' -e 's/&lt;/</g' -e 's/&gt;/>/g' $1 |less -ni

> Also, I hate Mozilla, Netscape, and Opera. I want to get IE 5.5 working with
> Wine. I have tried getting to the Internet explorer Directory in the
> Terminal, and then using "wine iexplore.exe -dll
> shell,shell32,commctrl,comctl32=n" However, I get some kind of "ShLWAPI"
> error. Can anyone help me?

Native shell32 wants native shlwapi and some other sh-- I don't
remember, shfolder?  shdocvw?  I think you must give it all native sh--
if you give it any, but - tried the builtin?  Good luck with IE 5.5,
BTW, folks are still putting in things to get IE 4 to work, I think.

> One last thing. I have been trying to get EverQuest to work with Wine as
> well. I have been using the -dll method to get most of the Dlls it asks for,
> but one of them, which is in a different directory, is continually asked
> for, even when I quote it after the -dll. Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks!

see man wine, scan for WINEDLLPATH.
> --
> Cursim
> Quad-Damaged railguns may be hazardous to your health

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.