You Don't Know Jack v3 and the Keyboard

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Aug 5 15:43:04 CDT 2001

Nick Bachmann <nabachmann at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am trying to run YDKJv3 on Wine.  I have successfully installed it,
> and I am able to run it with Wine HQ and Codeweavers Wine.  The problems
> with both of these is that I can't use they keyboard!  Pressing keys has
> no effect.
>
> I have searched wine lists and bugs, and it looks like I'm not the only
> one with the problem.  I have tried to change several settings,
> including desktop mode, and tried several patches with no luck.
>
> I have tried this with wine-20010731 and Codeweavers Wine 20010626-4.  I
> use Red Hat 7.1.
>
> I am including the result of "wine --winver win95 --debugmsg
> +key,+keyboard /mnt/cdrom/JackLaunch.exe>& key.log"

Excellent problem report -- but please do NOT post megabyte-sized
log files!  When they get that big, 1) compress them, and if possible,
2) put them up on a ftp or web server and post the URL instead
of the actual file.  Many people won't be able to read that
message at all because of its size.

- Dan

--
"I have seen the future, and it licks itself clean." -- Bucky Katt