View menu corrupted with AbiWord 0.9 and Wine 20010731; heap errors?

Andreas Mohr Usenet 08/01 vooe7o001 at sneakemail.com
Mon Aug 6 03:47:29 CDT 2001

Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> AbiWord 0.9 for Win32 with either Codeweavers Preview 4 or
> Wine 20010731 compiled from source has an interesting problem:
> AbiWord's "View" menu name changes to "CERTIFIED EMAIL" the first time it is selected.

> This does not happen running AbiWord 0.8 for Win32 (exact same app) on Windows ME.

> I ran it with -debugmsg warn+all,+relay,+text,+string and saved the
> log file.  You can see the change happening; after a certain point
> in the log file, "&View" no longer appears, and is replaced by "CERTIFIED EMAIL".

> The logs are online at http://www.kegel.com/wine/abiword0.9/ log4*
> See http://www.kegel.com/wine/abiword0.9/readme.txt for legend

> This is such an odd error that it makes me think "pointer bug".
Yeah, definitely odd.

> Wine does complain while running AbiWord about heap problems, with errors like this:

[...]

> warn:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 40ab0000: invalid in-use arena magic for 40ab08e7
> warn:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 40ab0000: invalid in-use arena magic for 40ab08e7
> warn:heap:HEAP_IsRealArena Heap 0x40ab0000: block 0x488537 is not inside heap
> warn:heap:HEAP_IsRealArena Heap 0x40ab0000: block 0x488550 is not inside heap
> warn:heap:HEAP_IsRealArena Heap 0x40ab0000: block 0x488537 is not inside heap

> but then again, it complains like that when running sol.exe, too.
> What do those heap warnings mean?
completely irrelevant.
I can't explain it properly right now (would have to dig through code),
but the warn:s are always not really problematic.
It will get problematic, though, if you get the err: wariant of this...

--
Andreas Mohr, Renningen, Germany
In case you need to contact me after expiry of temporary email address: