WINE install Error

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Aug 6 18:33:26 CDT 2001

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Zanlation wrote:

> I need some help. I have downloaded the latest WINE tarball (731) and
> managed to get through the ./configure stage, installing rpms as needed.
> However, when WINE installs it gives me these set of errors:
>
> "cd `dirname wrc/__depend__` && make depend
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/mnt/windows/Vault/Wine/wine/wine-20010731/tools/wr
> c'
> yacc -bppy -ppp -d -t ./ppy.y
> make[2]: yacc: Command not found
> make[2]: *** [ppy.tab.c] Error 127
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/mnt/windows/Vault/Wine/wine/wine-20010731/tools/wrc
> '
> make[1]: *** [wrc/__depend__] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/mnt/windows/Vault/Wine/wine/wine-20010731/tools'
> make: *** [tools/__depend__] Error 2"
>
> Can anyone tell me what is going wrong? As far as I can tell I'm missing a
> command called "yacc".. never heard of it.
>
> The reason for compiling WINE, instead of using the RPM (which installs OK)
> is I need OpenGL support.
>
> System info:
>
> Mandrake 8.0 (with KDE)
> NVIDIA Kernel and GLX drivers (1251) installed and working
> X86Free 4.0.3
>
> Any help would be most welcome.
>
> Thanks

Doesn't anybody know to read the README when starting to try to build a
software package?  I quote:
---
You also need flex version 2.5 or later and yacc.
Bison will work as a replacement for yacc. If you are
using RedHat or Debian, install the flex and bison packages.
---

Mandrake is an incarnation of RedHat.

Linux Mandrake release 7.2 (Odyssey) for i586
[whit at giftie whit]$ rpm -q bison
bison-1.28-7mdk

Lawson
---oof---