Sending Keystrokes to a window

Andreas Mohr Usenet 08/01 vooe7o001 at sneakemail.com
Mon Aug 6 11:06:26 CDT 2001

Rasjid <rasjidw at bigpond.com> wrote:
> Is there any way of sending a set of keystrokes to a window, from a
> command line function.

> Eg.
> $ wine "c:\MyApplication.exe" &> logfile.log &
> $ send.key.shell/perl.script

> where send.key.shell/perl.scrip will send keystorkes to the wine program
> depending on the results of the log file.
Umm, err, no, not yet.

This would be very helpful sometimes, though.

You'd have to do some process communication with a certain Wine
process, though, if you intended to implement this kind of stuff.

--
Andreas Mohr, Renningen, Germany
In case you need to contact me after expiry of temporary email address: