Ahead Nero 5.0

Eike Lantzsch eikelan at gmx.net
Wed Aug 8 20:30:04 CDT 2001

Bogislav Rauschert wrote:
>  Eike Lantzsch wrote:
> >
> > Besides that you may have to remove some non-working fonts, what happens
> > when you try: "wine --winver nt40 nero.exe"?
>
>  That won't help. Here is the output. Another hint :-) ?

[...]
>  fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown VxD BSUDF. Try --winver nt40 or win31 !

Hmmm, AFAIK nero is not supposed to look for VXD if set into a NT4
environment. I can be wrong. Especially I don't know what happens if you
are using a program off a windows partition with w98. Does --winver nt40
override any registry entries or does the program still insist on
running on w9x instead on NT4?

[...]
>  fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY for
>  adapter 0.
>  fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY for
>  adapter 0.
>  fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY for
>  adapter 0.
>  fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY for
>  adapter 0.
>  err:bitmap:X11DRV_DIB_SetImageBits Out of memory!
>  err:seh:UnhandledExceptionFilter Couldn't start debugger (/usr/bin/winedbg
>  134630544 220) (2)
>  Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger
>  bogi at messiah:~ >

You are using a SCSI burner or ATAPI? If ATAPI: do you have the SCSI
emulation installed for your kernel? You seem to use the SuSE kernel
out of the box - is this correct? I don't know if the standard kernel
contains the SCSI emulation for ATAPI. You might have to configure and
compile your own kernel.

Then set up your debugger entry in ~/.wine/system.reg to point to
winedbg.
This might be /usr/local/bin. "winedbg" is a symlink to wine lately.
The debugger went into winedbg.so as far as I could see.
Don't forget to map a dos drive so the debugger can be found by wine.
Simply mapping H: to root is not safe but it works.
This might not solve your problem but you will be able to do a backtrace
or even to go on a little farther because first instance exceptions will
be handled by the debugger.
It might also help to cd into the nero directory and run it from there.

Then further look into the application database on
http://appdb.codeweavers.com/index.php
look for "Nero" - there is some advice.
Obviously some people have been able to run Nero 5.5 with some success
both with Windows and Windows-free systems.

To get help from the wine developers read about how to produce
meaningful debug logs on
http://www.winehq.com/Docs/wine-user/bugs.shtml#BUG-REPORTING

Regards, Ike
--
       . .                    Eike Lantzsch
      <___>                   CdC 1509 ASUNCION PY