Guest OS installed in wine?

Mikko Rauhala mjr at iki.fi
Fri Aug 10 10:37:04 CDT 2001

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:29:05 +0200, DonWito <donwito at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
> I would like to install Win98SE as a guest operating system on my Linux
> Mandrake. Is it possible using wine?

No. Wine runs (some) windows software by itself. You may use some
Windows DLLs instead of Wine-provided ones for added compatibility
at places.

If you want to actually run a Windows session, you'll need software such
as vmware or freemware (free, but just under development).

> Also the sound may be a problem: my soundcard doesn't work under linux- and
> by now I am not succesful in making it working, but I have good Windows
> drivers for it: will it work?

This won't help in either case, I believe. See if 4Front's commercial
Linux sound drivers will do the trick for you.

--
Mikko Rauhala - mjr at iki.fi - http://www.iki.fi/mjr/