Diablo 2 with Battle.net - another step closer again

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Sun Aug 12 18:55:45 CDT 2001

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001 22:58:49 +0100 (BST), wine at scabserver.com wrote:

>I've tried your patch, it seems to look about right, but when I start wine
>with --dt -debugmsg +all, not all messages are inital suppressed,

That's a limitation of my hack because the server debugging channel
works in a different way than all the others.
Don't use 'server' debugging channel.

If you absolutely want to use +all, replace it by +all,-server

Don't use also win32 and heap channels, they are very
verbose.

'local' is verbose too and displays some very
strange and inaccurate error messages. Not worth
the bother in most cases.

> I can't see
>why, and pressing alt + F12 didn't start debuging more

Works for me. Do you use current Cvs ?

>.... also I'm not sure
>why but wine performs differently with -debugmsg +all than without

That's because there are bugs in the debug messages....

+snoop for example is very crash-prone.

If you want the most error messages, try

+all,-server,-win32,-atom,-local,-heap,-snoop

Or just +relay

>  anyway
>that's all my thoughts for the moment.

How about using enter from time to time when you type ?
It can really help people trying to read you.

Gerard