Screen resolution in StarCraft

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Aug 13 16:10:04 CDT 2001

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Jesper F. Jørgensen wrote:

> I have installed StarCraft succesfully, but the screen
> resolution is only 600x480, how do I change it to 1024x768?
>
> I have tried to write:
> wine --desktop 1024x768 starcraft.exe
> but that makes the area available 1024x768 inside a 600x480
> resolution!
>
> Sincerely
> Jesper

Wine is an X application.  You have to know how to work X to work Wine.
The avaiable resolutions are those which are defined in XF86Config
(which has a nice long man page) that the hardware is not incapable of.
If more than one is available at the current color depth, you can cycle
through them with control-alt-keypad + or control-alt-keypad -.

To find out more, kill X,

startx &> ~/oof
and read ~/oof, which will tell you where it is getting the XF86Config
file and what resolutions are available, among other interesting things.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.