ntdll compile error

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Aug 14 14:44:51 CDT 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Henrik "Morge" Johansson wrote:

> Tried like the last 3 CVS versions.
> gcc is version 2.96.
> And no...haven't any kernel compile errors....

Doesn't matter.  If there is a gcc bug _or_ a hardware bug, Wine will
find it.  Doesn't give very good diagnostics, but it finds bugs much
more surely than a mere kernel compile.

IIRC RedHat shipped a buggy gcc-2.96, and some corrections after.
If it happened to me, I would get gcc-2.95.3, which I think is the best
gcc for Wine so far, and if it still happens star debugging the
hardware.  You might find this helpful:

http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/

Hmmm, from the error it looks as if make committed the segment fault.
I've never seen that, but maybe you want to look into getting the
current make as well.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!