How do I make windows open maximised?

Martin Liddle martin at tcs02.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 05:08:02 CDT 2001

In message <20010814.185550.134633184.1.lawson_whitney at juno.com>,
lawson_whitney at juno.com writes
>On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Martin Liddle wrote:
>
>> >try
>> >wine --managed (your application)
>> >which will start an app with the gnome or kde window manager
>> >then maximize and right click on top left corner and set the
>> >size
>> >
>> Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.  Unfortunately this doesn't
>> help. What I see is that the Wine desktop starts full screen (at
>> 1024x768), but my application only occupies the top left hand corner of
>> the screen (I'd guess that it's roughly 640x480) whereas under Windows
>> it would occupy the full screen.  Any other thoughts?
>>
>If you get a Wine desktop, I think you have a desktop geometry specified
>in your ~/.wine/config.  You could try commenting it out and see if
>managed works any better for you then.

Thanks for the suggestion.  You were right and commenting out does
change the behaviour slightly but the fundamental problem remains that I
only see a portion of the intended screen.  I could easily write a small
Windows test program if anybody would care to try it to find out what I
am doing wrong.  Alternatively I remain open to other suggestions.
--
Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, 27 Garforth Close,
Cramlington, Northumberland, England, NE23 6EW.