x11drv

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Aug 15 23:08:13 CDT 2001

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Chris Holden wrote:

> Thank you, thank you, thank you.
>
>                           1
> Mine says  /usr/lib/ !    And thats where it is!
>
> It is in /etc/ld.so.conf!
> I put it in EXTRA_LD_LIBRARY_PATH but it still will not load!
> Could it be broken?

Of course it is.  /usr/lib is a trusted library path, it doesn't have to
be anywhere, it will still get used.  There are a few other reasons
x11drv might not load, that I am not directly familiar with, having to
do with DGA and so on.  Maybe a few lines of context of the error
message would help.  OTOH, she had warts.  I have been building wine
from source for 4 years, but I have never tried any distro's version,
and I have never had much trouble with it.  Well, a few times I have had
to revert to the previous release and wait for somebody to fix the new
one, if I couldn't fix it myself.  You need about 300mb disk space to
build Wine, but it is a lot easier now than it was when I started.

> Thanks again
> Chris

  http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/wine/development/Wine-20010731.tar.gz
  ftp://ftp.infomagic.com/pub/mirrors/linux/sunsite/ALPHA/wine/development/Wine-20010731.tar.gz
  ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/unix/linux/mirrors/sunsite.unc.edu/ALPHA/wine/development/Wine-20010731.tar.gz
  ftp://orcus.progsoc.uts.edu.au/pub/Wine/development/Wine-20010731.tar.gz

It should also be available from any other site that mirrors ibiblio.org.
For more download locations, see http://ftpsearch.lycos.com. These
locations also hold pre-built documentation packages in various
formats: wine-doc-html.tar.gz, wine-doc-txt.tar.gz, wine-doc.pdf.gz
and wine-doc.ps.gz.

You can also get the current source directly from the CVS tree. Check
http://www.winehq.com/dev.html for details.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!