Running IIS under WINE

Brett Geer brett at brabys.co.za
Thu Aug 16 01:18:13 CDT 2001

back to the original topic quickly, a question,
why run IIS under unix in an emulator when
running it on NT would be a fair chunk easier...

or are we looking for o/s stability :)

Seriously though, if you want ASP support on your
server, check out chillisoft or the asp2php converters

Probably some project out there for asp on apache
already... there's always a sucker for punishment somewhere

brett

David Jones wrote:

> On 16 Aug 01 at 2:00, James Juran wrote:
>
> > David Jones wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > Don't know. I don't believe PWS supports ASP.
> >
> > It does support ASP -- I've done it quite recently.  It
> > also supports all of the IIS security vulnerabilities
> > quite well too, with no patches from Microsoft  :-)
>
> Well, MS has to be consistent about something. I believe
> that MS policy requires every application have at least a
> minimum number of bugs and security holes. ;-)
>
> David
> gnome at hawaii.rr.com

UNIX Ad/DBA/Teaboy/Analyst/Gopher - Intratex Holdings - Pinetown
Tel. +27 31 717 4000/4146                   Fax. +27 31 717 4001
 Rule 1. Before calling me... if its a Windows box... REBOOT IT!
 Rule 2. If its a Windows box... Don't call me...
 Rule 3. Windows isn't much good for anything aside from games.
 Rule 4. Repeat.