Install problems

Bryn Thompson bryn.thompson at parkinson.co.im
Thu Aug 16 07:38:24 CDT 2001

I am pretty new to Linux so you will have to excuse me if I appear a bit
thick
I am running Redhat V6.2 with 2.2.14 Kernel if that is of any relevance
I have downloaded wine-20010731.tar.gz and have unzipped it.

When I run             ./tools/wineinstall

I get the following message :

Wine installer V0.7

which: no wine in (/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin)
Running configure

creating cache ./config.cache
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... no
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable found in $PATH

Configure failed, aborting install.

If anyone has any ideas about this I would really appreciate you help

Kind Regards
Bryn Thompson