user.dll problems

Michael Pearce chuzwuzza at ematic.com
Sat Aug 18 00:26:03 CDT 2001

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 19:33:34 -0400 (EDT)
lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:

> OOPS, my previous answer is wrong.  You have that symbolic link I
> mentioned, or you would not get the first err: you quoted, which is
> harmless, BTW, sort of an erroneous error message.  Probably, there is
> some other error message before that to tell why it couldn't load
> user.dll.  You aren't trying to use native user or user32, are you?  I
> don't think that will work.

well i know I'M not, and i'm gettign that same exact error

chuzwuzza at chuzwuzza:/cdrom$ wine SETUP.EXE
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin user.dll: /usr/local/lib/libuser.so: undefined symbol: WDML_ExtractAck
Could not load 'USER.DLL' required by 'ISSET_SE', error=2
Terminated