microsoft sql query analyzer

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Mon Aug 20 20:44:56 CDT 2001

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 22:03:26 GMT, Ibrahim Hamouda
<admin at internode.net> wrote:

>I'm trying to get MSSQL Query analyzer to work
>it loads up i can enter the sql server name and user name and password.
>in the sql client utility it is setup for tcpip with an alias for the
>server name and the ip address.
>it tries to connect then comes back with an error:
>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER][TCP?IP SOCKET]General network error
>
>odbc32 is native
>wsock32 is native
>winsock is native

It's not sure at all that it's possible to
use the native version of these dlls. I don't
remember having ever seen a success story
involving this setup.

OTOH people are using the builtin winsock everyday
and the builtin odbc control was used by Corel when
they were using Wine.

So I'd try all builtin instead.

Gerard