Diablo 2 - Sound

Carsten Wolff AirWulf666 at gmx.net
Thu Aug 23 07:33:11 CDT 2001

HI,

I just installed recent cvs-wine, put my windows-partitions into the
wine.conf and diablo 2 was running instantly.

The only thing, that doesn't work, is the sound. I'm running a AWE32
ISA-Card, configured with alsa/w oss emulation. All Linux-Proggies, using
oss, just work fine.

At the start of diablo2, the speakers are cracking once, but as soon, as
the videos are played, there appear some messages on the console (i put at
the end of this posting) and no sound is to hear.
The messages tell me to set a [WinMM]-Section in wine.conf, but I didn't
find any documentation about this section in the wine-docu.

Could anyone help me, please?

Thanx for the great work, wine-team, Greetings, Carsten.

The error-messages:

err:mmsys:MMDRV_InitHardcoded You didn't setup properly the config file for
the Wine multimedia modules.
Will use the hard-coded setup, but this will disappear soon.
Please add a WinMM section to your Wine config file.
fixme:midi:OSS_MidiInit Synthesizer support MIDI in. Not supported yet
(please report)
fixme:win32:DeviceIo_MMDEVLDR (5,(nil),0,0x403a4db0,4,0x405c6a58,(nil)):
stub
wolff at Carsten:~ > fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x403b48d8)->(00000128,00000011)
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_DDHAL_CreatePalette stub
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x403b48d8)->(00000128,00000011)
err:wave:DSDB_MapPrimary (0x403b8364): Could not map sound device for
direct access (errno=5)
err:wave:DSDB_MapPrimary (0x403b8364): Could not map sound device for
direct access (errno=5)
err:wave:DSDB_MapPrimary (0x403b8364): Could not map sound device for
direct access (errno=5)
err:wave:DSDB_MapPrimary (0x403b7978): Could not map sound device for
direct access (errno=5)