slowed me down

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Thu Aug 23 16:09:09 CDT 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:55:03 GMT, "d" <dodorisio at home.com> wrote:

>i am running red hat 7.1 and i have had kde running fine, and was kinda
>liking it! but then i went on to the web to get wine, so i can run this app
>i have (maybe if it will work) anyway. i installed wine rpm, and now my kde
>desktop is SSLLLOOOOWWWW it is like when windows gets corrupted (wait i mean
>how windows *is* corrupted)
>
>any ideas on what could be the prob?

Wine creates often serious background activity.
It is sometimes not terminated when wine seems to
exit, usually when it has crashed.
I assume that you have tried to run wine, although
you did not say so :-)

By typing 'ps -ax' in a terminal, you will
probably see wine and wineserver processes.
Get rid of them by typing :

killall -9 wine
killall -9 winedbg
killall -9 wineserver