coding for windows using wine

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Aug 24 15:24:16 CDT 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, kb wrote:

> Hello all,
> First , let me say that I am running wine without windows.
> 	I am using a cross compiler to code a win32 app.  I then run the app
> using wine.  I am wondering if I copy say -- mfc42.dll to my fake windows
> system directory,  is it possible to write mfc style code?  I can get the
> dlls-- I'm just wondering if I can use them under wine...

I don't know about the coding side, but this letter comes by an app that
uses native mfc42.dll, msvcrt.dll, and msvcirt.dll (don't even know what
this last is), all of them installed by the app's installer, the
mfc42.dll in the same directory with the app's binaries and private
dll's, so yes, I think Wine can use them.  Just don't ask Wine to use
native kernel32, user32, or gdi32.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!