Questions about W2K

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Aug 27 14:09:55 CDT 2001

On 27 Aug 2001, Andreas Mohr Usenet 08/01 wrote:

> lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> Hmm, I've been searching AppDB like crazy, but I couldn't find the Juno
> entry there.
>
> Surely the AppDB must have suffered a failure... ? ;-)

Are you trying to prod me to put an entry?  I mailed the
junowine micro-howto in response to the call for howtos that went out a
while ago (maybe quite a while) and I'll mail it to anyone I think might
could use it or who asks for it, but I only use juno 2.  Juno 4 installs
fine but loops trying to use tapi on the modem (I think it would work
without using the modem if the host *nix system is online, but nobody
gives feedback so I don't know) and juno 5 is gupped up with a recent
Install Sh****.

I think I might hate GUI too much to be competent to take care of an
AppDB entry.  I'm not much on web-crawling either, but in a pinch wine
will run the version of netscrape I got from an AOL coaster and I can
get to winehq, I think, by some circuitous routes.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.