Netscape

zb at nospam.dk zb at nospam.dk
Mon Aug 27 14:10:50 CDT 2001

ewill at lexideb.athghost7038suus.net (The Ghost In The Machine) writes:

> In comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine, zb at nospam.dk <zb at nospam.dk> wrote
> >Is it possible to install and run Netscape whitout having access to a
> >native windows.
>
> There is a Linux-native version of Netscape available.

Really! Do Netscape make native Linux versions?
All right, I've used Linux-netscape for more then 5 years. :-)

> Or you can download the Mozilla source and try to compile it, if
> you're really adventurous. :-)

Also sometimes done that.

> I'm not sure if the Windows version of Netscape4 or Netscape6 runs under
> Wine yet.

I have seen in this group, that some people run Netscape4x under wine.
I just can't get it to work, and therefor I will like to know, if it
can be done whitout having a native windows.

>  (I can see why some people might want to preserve their cookies,

As I don't have windows, all my cookies are in Linux. :-)

> but otherwise one should just go for the native prebuilt. :-) )

Some people want to run Netscape in wine, because there exist more
plugins for the windows version.  I want to do it because I have
problems with my homebanking in the Linux version.

--
Best regards,
Svend Bjerrum Jensen