Need AFM files to test

Ian Pilcher ian.pilcher at home.com
Mon Aug 27 17:01:17 CDT 2001

I'm working on a heuristic routine to transform PostScript font families
(which can contain any number of fonts) to Windows typefaces (which have
at most four fonts -- "normal", bold, italic, and bold-italic).  I'm
currently testing it with all the AFM files from Adobe's FTP server, but
I'd like to make sure it works well with as broad a selection of fonts
as possible.

To that end, I'm requesting that readers of this newsgroup who are using
AFM files from another source with the Wine PostScript driver send me
those files.  The attached tarball includes two files.  One is a list of
all the font names in the AFM files on Adobes site.  The other file is a
short script which will check the AFM files in a given directory against
this file.

Simple untar the files in a convenient directory (you may want to create
a temporary directory) and run the script from within that directory.

For example:

    mkdir temp
    cd temp
    tar xzf ~/test_afms.tar.gz
    chmod +x test_afms.sh             (if necessary)
    ./test_afms /usr/share/afmfiles

Thanks!
Ian Pilcher                                         ian.pilcher at home.com