Questions about W2K

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Aug 28 10:22:50 CDT 2001

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Jim Robison wrote:

> Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get at this...  I think that I would
> like to explore both Juno v. 4 or even 2, I don't really care; I would like
> to find out more about the junopine stuff.  I probably won't be able to get
> for awhile.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help, even though I'm getting confused as to who I'm
> talking to.  I receive one email that has a from of lawson_whitney at juno.com
> and then another asking if I understood the first Lawson (did you make sense
> of his response), but it had the same from address? :-)
>
> Jim

Relax, there is only one of me.

You asked me by mail about Juno, so I replied direct with the junowine
micro-howto and some speculation about juno 4.  By the time I got around
to reading the ML/newsgroup, I had thought of some things you might like
to try with juno 5 or any other windows app that I thought might be
some use to the newsgroup.  In the post I replied to, you referred to me
in the third person, so I did the same.  The gateway/ML doesn't change
From: it just adds Reply-to:

Meanwhile, Andreas Mohr came along to twit me about not keeping up the
AppDB, I guess, so I replied to him, and you replied to that.  At least
that is how it looks on the ML side of the news/ML gateway.  There are
more than the two of us in this thread, it seems.

Anyway, if you want juno 4 and can't find it, ask and I can mail it to
you or upload it to an ftp site if you have one handy, I think.  I would
be interested whether you get either juno to work.  Every once in a
while somebody will dredge my address up out of somewhere and ask me
about it, and I'd like to be able to give a straight answer, or build
one into the micro-howto.

All there is to know about junopine is in a 40k tar.gz at
http://www.loplof.de/junowine/junopine-2.0.2.tar.gz I think, or if it is
not still there I can mail you one.  Works with mutt, too, or possibly
any *nix MUA.

I guess you probably don't want juno 2.  The GUI to read mail depends on
SendMessageCallback, which is still a fixme, so it is not usable as a
MUA.  OTOH she had warts.  I use it with junopine.

ftp://zdftp.zdnet.com/pub/private/sWlIB/commun\
ications/general_communications/juno95nt.zip

Lawson
---cut here---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.