Wine and WinMM

AuriconXS auriconxs at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 20:03:06 CDT 2001

I get the following error, this one is when I try to run Half-Life, and
WinMM comes up again when I try to install Office2k.

<snip>
err:mmsys:MMDRV_InitHardcoded You didn't setup properly the config file
for the Wine multimedia modules.
Will use the hard-coded setup, but this will disappear soon.
Please add a WinMM section to your Wine config file.
<snip>

I've checked my wine config file, and this is what I have under WinMM.

<snip>
"winmm"        = "builtin"
<snip>

This is under the [DllOverrides] section of the config file in my home
dir, i.e. the config file I'm looking at is here /home/user/.wine/config

If someone knows what the problem is and how I can fix it I'd be a great
help.

Thanks
Narek