Windows Media Player

Robert Broughton rbronews at broughton.ca
Tue Aug 28 20:06:44 CDT 2001

Here's a problem I'm having with Windows Media Player:

1. I open http://www.cknw.com/cknw.asx

2. I see some messages at the bottom of the window that say things like
"dowmloading codecs".

3. I see a promptbox that says "Windows Media Player cannot open
'mms://cknw.insinc.ca/cknwwm'. You may need to reboot to complete
installation of a downloaded component. Please verify that the path and
filename are correct and try again." If I click "details", it says
"Unable to download an appropriate decompressor."

I'm currently running Wine v20010824 and version 6.01.05.0217 of Media
Player. I have v2.4.4 of Linux and v4.1.0 of XFree86. Wine was configured
with "--enable-opengl --with-x". Any idea on how to get around this?

--
Bob Broughton
http://broughton.ca/