Pagemaker in wine, looking for hints

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at sloboda.ru
Wed Aug 29 08:04:04 CDT 2001

"gerard patel" <g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid> wrote:

> On 28 Aug 2001 22:18:05 GMT, Fredrik Jonson <pt97fjo at student.bth.se>
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >I've heard rumors on people running Pagemaker rock stable under
> >wine and that makes me curius and hopefull.
>
> That's probably because one Windows contributor is using
> Pagemaker.

Windows contributor? An interesting typo :-)

> If he has stopped to track regressions on this
> stuff, an older version of Wine may work better. IIRC he don't
> read this ng on a regular basis so check for a possible
> answer in a week or so.

To the original poster: Before window management rewrite PageMaker 6.52
had worked quite well under Wine. I was able to place images, metafiles
and do some text related stuff. But currently PM along with many other
applications suffers from infinite painting recursions and lots of
graphics glitches.

I would suggest use Wine 20010418 until all the current regressions
will be fixed. One more suggestion: use native ole32.dll if available.

--
Dmitry at Baikal.ru