Running console apps

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sat Dec 1 01:14:52 CST 2001

Hi!
  I'm trying to run a program which requires the win console (i.e. it doesn't
run from DOS).
  I can't run it from wineconsole - there is a new window opened, there is a
big fat cursor in it, which moves sometimes but nothing remains written.
  I have also some old DOS programs, which also cannot be run under wineconsole.
In such a case, stderr fills with a message saying that
fixme:ddraw:VGA_Poll output commented out for now, should be moved to winedos.dll
  and also
Warning: /opt/wine/bin/wine not accessible from a configured DOS drive
  which is strange, because after this message appeared for the first time, I
created an I: drive which maps to /opt/wine but this didn't help.
  Even with wine instead of wineconsole, theses apps start, write something, but
then either crash and quit or freeze and do nothing :-(. Theses are the most
primitive apps like nc or similar.
  Any hints ? Have I something misconfigured ? Or is it a common problem ?

                                    With regards, Pavel Troller