Does Wine leave a Zombie-Thread behind?

Axel Braun axel.braun at gmx.de
Sun Dec 2 06:06:33 CST 2001

Hi Gerard,

Am 01.12.01, 16:26:37, schrieb g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid (gerard patel)
zum Thema Re: Does Wine leave a Zombie-Thread behind?:

> >Is there a bug tracker or is something like this picked up in the
mailing list?

> If you don't have anything more precise, it's not worth
> the bother. The Wine bug database is full at 80% of
> worthless crap without any technical detail, no need to
> add more stuff (note that I don't deny that the other 20%
> *is* interesting, of course).

> I have one test app that does that - leave one, or more
> threads hanging, and it's not an easy problem. I know the
> patch that caused it, I don't understand why, and it only
> does it on one of my 2 computers. On the other box, the
> problem never occurs. It's probably system dependant (glibc
> or even kernel)
> If your problem is as simple as that, a simple report will not
> be sufficient anyway :-/

Sure, but without having the awareness of what is needed to fix the bug I
will not post anything.

As I can read from your posting, this problem seems to be known.

> >>Personally I have a script, killwine, in my path for tidying such
things up;
> >>it kills wine, winedebug and wineserver and then deletes the socket.
Very
> >>heavy-handed but I get to use it every couple of days.
> >

> >could be worth putting it into cron :-)
> >Is your script public available?

> here is mine

> killall -9 wine
> killall -9 winedbg
> killall -9 wineserver

> and for the lock file :
> rm $WINEPREFIX/wineserver-duron.chapeau/socket

> I have several versions of Wine running, but for you
> WINEPREFIX will probably be the default value : .wine

Thanks, I will use your hints to fix it

Cheers
Axel