Can't find xmessage

Jim Holman jdholman at mindpsring.com
Sun Dec 2 08:47:09 CST 2001

gerard patel wrote:

> On Sat, 01 Dec 2001 14:55:06 -0500, Jim Holman
> <jdholman at mindpsring.com> wrote:
>>
>>I can do this command, but wine doesn't like it.  I get the same message
>>when I start wine "Wine launcher is unable to find xmessage".
>
> Try to add at the beginning of winelauncher
>
> shopt -s expand_aliases
> alias xmessage=gmessage
>
> Gerard

OK - I added those lines and when I launch a Windows app, I get this in the
console session:

[jim at localhost PhotoEd]$ wine photoed.exe
Invoking /opt/wine/bin/wine.bin photoed.exe ...
/usr//bin/wine: xmessage: command not found

The application runs, but what's with this "command not found" thing?

Thanks,

Jim