Wine and Derive 5

Marcus Roeckrath marcus.roeckrath at gmx.de
Mon Dec 3 16:23:32 CST 2001

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Kreuzer wrote on Montag,  3. Dezember 2001 18:41 about Wine and
Derive 5:

> I am running the mathematic program Derive 5 in wine so far successful but
> it doesn't display the Greek and mathematic symbols correctly.
> The are some fonts in wine dir, but they are not recognized by mkttfdir.
> Has anyone got the symbols working? Or has anyone got ideas?

Same here. I installed Derive 5 with wine which worked perfect. I then copied
the Derive ttf fonts to the X11 truetype fonts dir and they were recognized
and setup in fonts.dir/scale by the unix font install tools.

But I did not get them shown in the derive window.

There is something working not perfect. The switches between the 2d/3d and
algebraic windows did not work. I have to open another one then close it to
plot a new graph in the old grafics window.

Another bug which I also found in DynaGeo another mathematical program. On
every start of derive or dynageo a new empty part is written to the
configuration file of each program; it's like this

[ ]

While dynageo is not confused by this derive will startup without menus and
nothing could be done.

To clear up this situation I wrote both configuration files to a safe place
and copy them over the configuration file on startup using a startup script.

--

Gruss Marcus

Marcus Roeckrath -- Vikarsbusch 8 -- D-48308 Senden -- Germany
Phone  : +49-2536-9944 -- Mailer/BBS/Fax : +49-2536-9943 (V34, X75)
FidoNet: 2:2449/523
E-Mail : marcus.roeckrath at gmx.de
WWW    : http://home.foni.net/~marcusroeckrath/