IPX support in Starcraft - Why can't I get it working?

David Bronaugh dbronaugh at linuxboxen.org
Tue Dec 4 02:50:26 CST 2001

> Incidently it shows that crypto functions are called.
> Needless to say, Wine does not support anything of Ms
> crypto :-) So it could be that IPX fails because really
> IPX is used to communicate on the network, and network
> communication relies on crypto. I don't know the app at
> all, but it seems likely.
> So, could it be that people using Starcraft on a network
> use a different version without crypto ?
>
> Gerard

That's a very interesting question...

So I guess this is a pretty open discussion then. What versions of
Starcraft do people who have got it running use? I'm using Starcraft 1.07.
Single player works great, etc etc etc blablaba. Does anyone who has it
working care to do the following:

wine -debugmsg +relay starcraft.exe &> crap.txt
grep "advapi" crap.txt &> morecrap.txt

Thanks in advance.

David Bronaugh