Do's & Don'ts when creating a Win app to be wine compatible ?

Andreas Koch mail at kochandreas.com
Tue Dec 4 04:05:08 CST 2001

gerard patel wrote:

>>Development system will be Delphi (no Kylix port - yet),
>>and graphics either GUI or windowed DirectDraw, perhaps
>>Direct3D...
>
> If you use Direct3D, you will need a Transgaming
> license since all Direct3D code is integrated to the
> WineX code base - not to Wine.

That is, the user that will play my games needs a
"Transgaming license" ?
Or I, as the developer, need to get it to include
some stuff in my windows(!!!) app that makes it
compatible to Wine(X) ?

>>Suggestions? Hints?
>>

> Stay away of COM for the moment.
> Well, it's even good advice under Windows :-)

<shudders> I won't touch COM or OLE until i am
forced to do :)

--
                                       Andreas
LINUX users tune their system for stability