Resource temporarily unavailable

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Tue Dec 4 06:19:17 CST 2001

On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 10:22:14 +0000, "T REX" <the1trex at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>the command lines are the same, the only thing i did was to
>runn wine Thinkboxx.exe -debugmsg +comm,+file,+relay &> (file)
>and then winedbg Thinkboxx.exe &> (file)
>in the debugger i typed: c
<snip>

That's not the way you are supposed to use winedbg.
If it does not come up when Wine crashes when called
normally, that is, wine Thinkboxx.exe, it's not correctly
configured. You need one entry in system.reg:

[Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\AeDebug] 988300179
"Auto"=dword:00000001
"Debugger"="/mnt/reiser/wine/debugger/winedbg %ld %ld"

change the path to winedbg to fit your system.

It's also useful to have something like that in user.reg :

[Software\\Wine\\WineDbg] 1007429445
"BreakAllThreadsStartup"=dword:00000000
"BreakOnAttach"=dword:00000000
"BreakOnCritSectTimeOut"=dword:00000000
"BreakOnDllLoad"=dword:00000000
"BreakOnFirstChance"=dword:00000001
"ConChannelMask"=dword:00000001
"ExtDbgOnInvalidAddress"=dword:00000000
"StdChannelMask"=dword:00000000
"UseXTerm"=dword:00000000

I think that all that is supposed to be automatically configured
by using wineinstall, btw.

Gerard