Wine newbie needs help, please!

Mandy scbugler_20 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 08:30:10 CST 2001

Hi everyone-

This is to all of you out there who are experts with wine.  I need to
run Lotus Notes 5.0.8 on my linux desktop.  I hear the only way to do
this is to have wine run it for you.  well...i downloaded the version
of wine for RH 7.0, got it installed, seem to have it configured, or
maybe thats my problem.  I run windows NT, so I had to get the dll
files from a website that has win98 dll's to download.  well, i did
all of this, and after many error, i finally clicked the notes.exe and
it seemed to be working, yet all i get is the splash screen for lotus
notes, and another screen that says wine desktop, but then the wine
desktop simply disappears.  if i click the notes.exe again, the splash
screen appears and just sits there. does nothing.  does anyone know
what i may be doing wrong?  I am using KDE, but I also tried this is
gnome and it would not work either, same thing happened.  when i try
to run the program in terminal screen instead of clicking on it, i get
this output:

fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:ole:LoadTypeLibEx registration of typlelibs not supported yet!
err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib oleacc.dll failed with
error 0x00000002
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler ((nil),0) = no error checking or
testing yet
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x115e2b0,1) - no error checking
or testing yet
fixme:win:WINE_FindWindow Returning 0 without checking other processes
Wine exited with a successful status

ok, I noticed the error that states typelibs not supported yet, what
does that mean?  also, the last line, Wine exited with a successful
status, this appears after i click the splash screen and it goes away.
 thanks ahead of time for any help you may can give me.