Wine and Derive 5

Eike Lantzsch eikelan at gmx.net
Tue Dec 4 20:59:29 CST 2001

Marcus Roeckrath wrote:
>  Hi Alexander,

[snip]

>  Another bug which I also found in DynaGeo another mathematical program. On
>  every start of derive or dynageo a new empty part is written to the
>  configuration file of each program; it's like this
>
>  [ ]
>
>  While dynageo is not confused by this derive will startup without menus and
>  nothing could be done.
>
>  To clear up this situation I wrote both configuration files to a safe place
>  and copy them over the configuration file on startup using a startup script.

This also happens to my old VB3 application. It too writes empty entries
like this into its xxxx.ini file. It is not too much confused however.
Only the setup of the initial button bar of said program always comes
up with the same geometry even if it was changed before.
I too would appreciate a hint how to track this down.

Regards, Ike
--
       . .                    Eike Lantzsch
      <___>                   CdC 1519 ASUNCION PY