Visual FoxPro 5 apps

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Wed Dec 5 13:22:38 CST 2001

On 05 Dec 2001 11:55:10 -0600, Rick Romero <rick at valeoinc.com> wrote:

<snip window problems>

>Now I've tried a few different distro's, and quite a few different
>releases of wine (been compiling from cvs for the last couple months),
>so I don't think it's just me... BUT.

Try with Wine from 01 june 2001.
Huge changes have caused several severe regressions
after this date and they are mostly unfixed.

>If anyone else is interested, I could easily create an app that just
>does a print preview, and post it to the web, with the proper dll's and
>registry entries required for running FoxPro apps.. (no the RunTime
>doesn't install thru wine.)

If your app has the same glitches with Wine as of 01 june
2001, its problems are not related to the general regression.
In this case try to do this, I'll take a look.
In the other case, it's unnecessary as I'm already aware of
these problems.

Gerard