Tsunami MPEG Encoder probs

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Dec 5 14:17:54 CST 2001

Claudio Di Martino <aremadeoffishclaudio at unigearemadeoffish.it> wrote:
: Hi!
: I'm trying to use TMPGEnc under wine on  a FreeBSD 4.4 box.
: From the appdb I read it has worked for some so I'm puzzled.

: Apparently it seems to work but when I try to open a file to
: convert it, TMPGEnc opens a popup telling that it cannot open the file
: or the format is unsupported.
: Since I'm trying to convert a sample file that TMPGEnc reads regularly
: on a win box it seems that it can't open the file.
:...
: warn:file:CreateFileA Unable to get full filename from 'shell32.dll' (GLE 2)

: I don't understand why it searches for shell32.dll under the directory
: /data/a which is where resides the mpeg file I'm trying to open.

: I'm using TMPGEnc-2.01.30.116 and wine-2001.11.08_1 but had the same
: problem with beta12j of TMPGEnc.

: Anyone can give some advice on how to get this thing working?

Make "touch shell32.dll" in your wine windows system directory. Perhaps the
application tries to get the version from ist.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de