windows or no windows?

Kirk Wythers kwythers at forestry.umn.edu
Thu Dec 6 16:16:15 CST 2001

I'd like to have a couple of windows app working in linux without
rebooting (visual basic and JMP). I downloaded codeweavers wine but I
have a question about windows partition or no windows partition... My
present system is not dual boot. So ideally I'd like to run wine without
a "real" windows partition. However, I have heard that wine works better
with a "real" windows partition. What is the consensus on this issue?

Also, once you have wine installed, what is the procedure for installing
the windows apps you want?

Thanks,

Kirk