trouble installing first app

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at forestry.umn.edu
Fri Dec 7 10:23:18 CST 2001

I am struggling to get JMP installed. When I try launching the installer
with "wine /mn/cdrom/Launch.exe", I get the JMP splash screen. When I
use the mouse to click "install" on the splash screen, I get a dialog
box with the error "Setup failed to launch installation engine:
(0x80070005). The console output reads as follows:

[kwythers at lorax kwythers]$ wine /mnt/cdrom/Launch.exe
Invoking /opt/wine/bin/wine.bin /mnt/cdrom/Launch.exe ...
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
err:mmsys:MMDRV_InitHardcoded You didn't setup properly the config file
for the Wine multimedia modules.
Will use the hard-coded setup, but this will disapear soon.
Please add a WinMM section to your Wine config file.
fixme:mci:MCI_LoadMciDriver Couldn't load driver for type WAVEAUDIO.
If you don't have a windows installation accessible from Wine,
you perhaps forgot to create a [mci] section in system.ini
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
fixme:ole:LoadTypeLibEx registration of typelibs not supported yet!
fixme:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Header type magic 0x47544c53 not supported.
err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib c:\program files\common
files\installshield\engine\6\intel 32\ikernel.exe failed with error
0x00000000
fixme:ole:LoadTypeLibEx registration of typelibs not supported yet!
err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib c:\program files\common
files\installshield\engine\6\intel 32\ikernel.tlb failed with error
0x00000002
fixme:ole:CoGetClassObject CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER  not supported!
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no instance created for
{91814ebf-b5f0-11d2-80b9-00104b1f6cea}, hres is 0x80070005

Any ideas?

Thanks Kirk