Unhandled Exception error, debugger won't finish, newbie here...

chip at wiegand.org chip at wiegand.org
Sat Dec 8 03:45:32 CST 2001

My first attempt at getting a winblows app to work in wine has failed,
below is the setup as it is on my machine, please review it and let me know
it there is a problem with it.
wine version: 20011108 (installed from the FBSD ports system)
OS version: FreeBSD 4.4-r
Directory Structure: ~/chip/win
                /win/Program Files (created by the the app I installed)
                /win/windows
                /win/windows/Desktop
                /win/windows/Start Menu
                /win/windows/system
                /win/windows/Fonts (created by the app I installed)
The relevant config sections:
[Drive A]
"Path" = "/mnt/fd0"
"Type" = "floppy"
"Label" = "Floppy"
"Serial" = "87654321"
"Device" = "/dev/fd0"

[Drive C]
"Path" = "/usr/home/chip/win"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "MS-DOS"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

[Drive D]
"Path" = "/cdrom"
"Type" = "cdrom"
"Label" = "CD-Rom"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
; make sure that device is correct and has proper permissions !
"Device" = "/dev/cdrom"

[Drive E]
"Path" = "/tmp"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "Tmp Drive"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

[Drive F]
"Path" = "${HOME}"
"Type" = "network"
"Label" = "Home"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

[wine]
"Windows" = "c:\\windows"
"System" = "c:\\windows\\system"
"Temp" = "e:\\"
"Path" = "c:\\windows;c:\\windows\\system;e:\\;e:\\test;f:\\"
"Profile" = "c:\\windows\\Profiles\\Administrator"
"GraphicsDriver" = "x11drv"
"ShellLinker" = "wineshelllink"

With that said and done, here is the crux of the problem:

bash-2.05$ wine -winver win95 -managed HTMLKit.exe
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...

Then I never get any debugger info, it appears to either hang or just not
respond, so I end up killing it.

Can someone help me with this problem, I was unable to find the answer on
the Wine HQ web site or in the archives.
--
Chip