Setup terminates prematurely

Ian D. Stewart idstewart at compuvative.com
Sun Dec 9 19:55:33 CST 2001

"Ian D. Stewart" <idstewart at compuvative.com> wrote:
> Dear Wine Community,
>
> I have recently installed the latest snapshot of Wine (20011108).  The
> build and install seems to have gone fine, but I'm running into a
> roadblock when ever I try to install a windows application.
>
> I get as far as where the actual install should start (after answering
> the various questions about files to install, where to install, etc),
> then I get a brief flash, like a dialogs is trying to display.  After
> that, InstallShield is unresponsive (well, I do get nice little beeps
> when I click on one of the buttons, but it doesn't actually do
> anything).

Well, I've found the problem for this one (kinda).  Part way through the
installation, an error dialog is displayed complaining about not enough
disk space.  However, the dialog was displayed behind the main dialog
(which, being 'blocked' by the error message, could not be moved).  I
was able to get at this dialog by moving the main dialog to the bottom
just before pressing the button that triggers the error.

According to the Wine Trouble Shooting Guide, I am getting this error
because a misconfigured registry (I'll have to look into that).

My next question: Why didn't the error dialog display on top of the main
dialog, they way it's supposed to?

Well, thanx for listening... ;)

Ian

--
"Looney?!  I'm just as sane as the rest of you.
 Never mind..."

 Get my GNU Privacy Guard public key at
 ftp://ftp.stewartcastle.com/pub/idstewart.key